It is time to honor Mom with a Texas-sized Mother’s Day in the Dallas Metroplex. Did you know that Mother’s Day is the biggest day eating out in America all year long? In 2016, Mother’s Day falls on Sunday, May 8. When it comes to celebrating moms, sending flowers to her is a popular option. In fact, Mother’s Day is second only to the December holidays (Christmas, Chanukah) for the busiest time of the year for sending flowers. Even Valentine’s Day pales by comparison. However, we have researched a lot of freebies that Mom can take advantage of this weekend.
Several national chain restaurants and businesses have promotions aimed at honoring Mom on Mother’s Day, which this year is Sunday, May 8, 2016.
Here are some we found:
Restaurant Freebies & Deals
- Starbucks – Half price Frapps every day, May 3 -May 15, 3 – 5 p.m. #FrappuccinoHappyHour
- Applebees: Give the world’s best cook the night off. Free $10 Gift Card wyb $50 in Gift Cards for Mother’s Day!
- Arooga’s Grill House and Sports Bar: Take Mom out on May 8 for a free meal. This is available at all 10 of their locations in Central Pennsylvania. (5/8 only)
- Aquarium: check your local aquarium to see if they’re offering free admission (or BOGO admission) for Mom!
- Beef O Brady’s: Free meal for Mom at Beef O Brady’s with purchase of equal or lesser value (5/8 only)
- Billy Sims Barbecue: Moms get a free Single Meat Sandwich, a Side and a Collector’s Cup Drink on May 8th. Dine-in Only.
- Bob Evans: Mom’s visit Bob Evans on May 8 and receive a voucher good for free coffee (good for 4 visits)
- Bonefish Grill: Free $10 personalized Gift Card with $50 Gift Card purchase thru June 19th to celebrate Moms, Dads and Grads
- Carrabbas: will have a special menu through May 8 featuring Champagne Linguine and $5 mimosas. Free $10 promotional card wyb a $50 Gift Card thru 6/19
- Cheryl’s Cookies has a plethora of Mother’s Day baskets to choose form.
- Chicken Salad Chick: All Mom’s will receive a free scoop of Classic Carol on May 6. Valid at all locations in Alabama (except Auburn University) .
- David’s Cookies is also offering Mother’s Day packages.
- Dennys:D enny’s Loyalty Program members will be sent a coupon on 5/2 to share a free dessert with their Mom with the purchase of two entrees (valid Friday, May 6, through Sunday, May 8, for rewards members only). Don’t forget – kids also eat free on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 4 to 10 p.m. (from an email)
- Eddie Merlot’s is hosting a Mother’s Day Brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Harry and David has a Mother’s Day Club that will send Mom something every month.
- Hooters: Moms eat free at Hooters this Mother’s Day. Simply bring mom to a participating location on May 8, and with the purchase of a drink she eats for free. It’s our way of making mom feel special. Fun-loving attitude is required. *dine-in only, value of $10.99 or less (verified with their public relations firm)
- Mom eats for free at Hurricane Grill & Wings on Sunday: buy one entrée and two beverages, and mom gets an entrée of equal of lesser value free (maximum $16.99 value).
- Krystal has a BOGO coupon for moms who are registered in their Club Krystal system. The Club Krystal coupon is valid through Sunday, May 8
- LaMar’s Donuts is giving all mothers a free glazed or cake donut on Mother’s Day, May 8.
- McCormick & Schmicks: Free Chocolate Covered Strawberry for Moms on 5/8
- McDonalds: All Tampa Bay locations (and possibly more across the country) are offering moms free breakfast on Mother’s Day
- Medieval Times: Treat mom like a queen with this Mother’s Day special May 2nd-8th. With the code FBMOM, moms get in free with the purchase of a full priced adult.
- The Melting Pot has a Mother’s Day Weekend Saturday luncheon option — but this one may vary by location. There may be a deal for Sunday, too. Check with your local restaurant.
- Mimi’s Cafe has two freebies for Mother’s Day. The first is on May 8 when moms dine in. They’ll receive free French Herb Heart-Shaped Palmier (French pastry) in every bread basket, a take-home muffin square to enjoy later, and a Mimi’s French herb seed packet with the French Herb Palmier recipe on the back. They’ll also receive an offer for a free entree if they come back by May 29, which is Mother’s Day in France or Fête des Meres.
- Museums: check your local museums to see if they’re offering free admission (or BOGO admission) for Mom!
- O’Charley’s is offering two $5 rewards cards with the purchase of a $25 Mother’s Day gift card (online only).
- Ruby Tuesday: Free $15 bonus card for every $50 gift card you buy, for Mother’s Day. Coupons valid May 9 through June 19, 2016
- Ruth’s Chris will give all Moms who dine there a $25 gift certificate to use at a future visit.
- Shoney’s will say thanks to moms on their special day with a free slice of Strawberry Pie. You must purchase the Mother’s Day Brunch as a dine-in meal to receive this freebie
- Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill: buy $50 gift card by June 20 and get $10 bonus bucks valid 6/20 – 7/31/16
- Spaghetti Warehouse: Mom’s eat free on Mother’s Day
- Wienerschnitzel: Mom can get a free chili dog, small fries and small soda on Mothers Day with proof of Mom-bership. Stop by participating restaurants with your children, family photo or even a funny family story to take advantage of this deal.
- Whole Foods Market has a website of ideas for homemade Mother’s Day treats.
- Winghouse Bar & Grill: Moms eat free 5/8. Dine in only.
Check with your local restaurant prior to going to make sure they have the deal, as not all may participate.