Get a free sneak peek inside the Dallas Symphony and its home, the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center on May 22 and experience the Dallas Symphony Orchestra like never before – completely free!
Come to the Free Open House, where highlights include an exclusive meet-and-greet with Music Director Jaap van Zweden and DSO musicians; a performance by Resident Organist Mary Preston on the acclaimed Lay Family Organ; children’s activities; guided backstage tours; and special performances by the Dallas Symphony Orchestra Woodwind Quintet and a performance by the Booker T. Washington Quartet in Residence. Attendees will also have the opportunity to learn about the upcoming Dallas Symphony 2010-2011 Texas Instruments Classical and DSO Pops subscription series
Order of Events:
- 1:00PM Meyerson Doors Open
- 1:30- 2:30PM Jaap meet and greet and lobby entertainment begins
- 2:00- 2:20PM Mary Preston Lay Family Organ demonstration
- 2:40- 3:00PM Dallas Symphony Orchestra Woodwind Quintet performs
- 3:30- 3:50PM Booker T. Washington Quartet performs
- 4:00PM Meyerson Doors Close
- Behind-the-scenes tours will take place throughout the event*
Everyone attending the Open House will receive a special offer scratch off card with a chance to win free performance tickets, store merchandise, CDs, subscription series discount offers and much more! You will also have a chance to enter for a Chance to Win a Night On the Town ($600 value!) including:
- 1-night stay at the Joule Hotel in Dallas
- Dinner for 2 at Charlie Palmer Restaurant
- 2 tickets to a 2010-2011 Classical or Pops concert
*There will be a sign up sheet and assigned times for backstage tours. Please check-in when you arrive at the Meyerson to sign up for a guided backstage tour as well as to Enter to Win the contest.
RSVP to 214.692.0203 or email email@example.com by May 20, 2010. The first 100 people to RSVP will receive a voucher for FREE Parking in the Hall Arts Center Parking Garage on Ross Avenue otherwise parking is a fee of $10.00 per car (Click here, for parking and directions). In order to take advantage of the offer of a complimentary parking voucher, please provide your name, address and phone number (cell, home, business) in your RSVP response; the complimentary parking voucher will be mailed to you shortly thereafter.