Make plans now to enjoy free admission at many museums nationwide on Museum Day, Saturday, September 29, 2012 which is a celebration of the dissemination of knowledge to anyone and everyone interested, without a price tag, emulating the free admission policy of the Smithsonian Institution’s Washington, D.C.-based facilities. With support from CITGO, Museum Day 2012 is poised to be the largest to date, outdoing last year’s record-breaking event. In 2011, museum goers downloaded 227,747 tickets resulting in more than 500,000 museum-goers visiting over 1,300 venues in all 50 states, Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico.
How do you get your tickets?
To receive your free Museum Day Ticket for two people only, please enter your information into the fields at the link below. Your Ticket will be emailed to you after you submit your information. You must print your ticket and present it to receive your free admission.
- Offer is valid only on Saturday, September 29, 2012. (Exceptions for Museum Day museums closed on Saturdays).
- Card must be presented for free general admission to one venue and is good for two people. *Not valid for special exhibits, parking, IMAX film screenings or for use with any other offers.
- One Museum Day Ticket per household, per valid email address. Museum Day Ticket will be collected upon entry.
- Museums and cultural venues participate in Museum Day voluntarily. *Smithsonian magazine encourages museum visitation, but is not responsible for individual museum content or participation.
- If museum reaches capacity, museum has right to limit the number of guests until space becomes available.