Go vote in the Dallas area then enjoy one of these freebies…….. Many companies are giving away freebies or hosting fun promos on 2012 Election Day. Here’s a list of those national promos that we know are running:
- The Merci, an online gift boutique, will be offering an “I VOTED” special only on election-day. If you vote (it’s on the honor system), you can take 11% off all of their “made in the US products” plus flat-rate $6.00 shipping on any order.
- On The Border’s Facebook page is offering a coupon for FREE sopapillas.
- Boston Market is asking people to vote for chicken or turkey in their “Market Bowl” contest. Once you vote, click the link for the Rotisserie Lovers club, join, and you’ll get $3 off your next purchase.
- Zipcar: Zip to the Polls with a 50% discount on rates nationwide. The discount is available on Election Day, November 6, from 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Blockbuster: Tired of campaign commercials? Watch a movie instead. Stop by your local Blockbuster store on Election Day for a FREE move or game rental of a $0.99 movie.
- 7-Eleven: FREE Cup of Coffee when you cast your vote
- Olive Garden: Come in with an ‘I Voted’ Sticker on Election Day and receive a free Dolcini dessert with any entree.
- Clipa is offering free “No Chip” Key Clips” to anyone who stops by Clipa’s headquarters (13885-A Alton Parkway, Irvine, CA 92618) on Election Day. Citizens exercising their right to vote hold the keys to our future; we want to help ‘em!
- China Blossom Restaurant & Lounge, located in North Andover, MA, will reward Americans that exercise their right to vote with free food! After they hit the polls on Tuesday, November 6th, 2012, guests are invited to bring their “I Voted” stickers to China Blossom and receive a free order of hand-made egg rolls or vegetarian spring rolls with any dine-in or take-out order. Reservations are recommended; please call China Blossom at 978-682-2242.
- Citrix, which provides workplace/social collaboration software such as GoToMeeting and Podio, is helping employees both at Citrix and at businesses nationwide keep work schedules flexible on Election Day in an effort to help curb absenteeism. Logic is, if you can stay closer to home (and your polling place), you are more likely to vote. To wit, Citrix is offering free downloads of GoToMeeting and GoToMyPC on Election Day. See GoToMeeting/GOVOTE or GoToMyPC/GOVOTE.
- The All American Clothing Co.is planning on giving customers a freebie for election day. What’s interesting about it is they will have a choice, a vote, and a decision of two sales: 1) Save 10% on any one sweatshirt. Or, 2) Save 17% on two or more sweatshirts. As always, customers receive free shipping on orders of $99 or more. All of the clothing is USA Made. No matter what shoppers vote for, everybody wins.
- As one of the largest dealers in political memorabilia in the country, Lori Ferber Collectibles is offering free shipping on
Election Day as well as a surprise political gift with every order.
- Lipzen, is offering their all-natural lip butters as part of a buy one – get TWO free special. All a customer has to do is choose their three lip butters, and then enter the coupon code “ivoted” (without quotes) at checkout.
- White Castle, America’s first fast-food hamburger chain, is offering a FREE small Sweet Potato Waffle Fry with a purchase at any White Castle location to anyone who shows his or her “I Voted” sticker. · From November 1-6, Cravers can vote for their favorite French Fry – Sweet Potato or Crinkle Cut – by logging onto White Castle’s Facebook page. All participants will receive a coupon for a FREE small Sweet Potato Waffle Fry or small Crinkle Cut French Fry with a purchase. Redeemable at any White Castle location on Election Day only.
- In an effort to get Boston voters conveniently to the polls this coming Election Day, Hailo, the new cab hailing taxi app is offering $20.12 off taxi fares per customer on November 6. Essentially the promo will result in FREE rides for those whose fare total is less than $20.12. All you have to do is download the app and register a credit card, enter VOTEHAILO as a promo code and the discount is applied instantly. For a list of polling locations, visit http://www.cityofboston.gov/ELECTIONS.
- You can rock the vote with Rogue Valley, a band out of Minneapolis, that is offering a free album to anyone who sends a photo of themselves with an “I Voted” sticker to email@example.com. More details can be found here.
- Red Hot & Blue Barbecue (25 restaurants located in Texas, North Carolina, and the D.C. Area) is offering a $5.00 meal if you wear your “I voted” sticker. Find your nearest location here.
- Sticky Fingers is offering a $5.00 pulled pork or pulled chicken sandwich if you show your “I voted” sticker. Find your nearest location here.
- Burger Lounge, famed for their 100% grass-fed beef burgers, is offering a special freebie for voters. Guests who present their “I Voted” sticker at any of the eight locations throughout Los Angeles and San Diego on Election Day, Tuesday, November 6th, will receive a free ½ and ½ combo of Burger Lounge’s housemade onion rings and twice-fried hand-cut French fries with a choice of housemade barbecue sauce or ranch dressing. The offer is valid with purchase of any menu item at the restaurant.
- Opportunity Finance Network, the leading non-profit national network of community development financial institutions (CDFIs) who deliver responsible lending to help low-wealth and low-income communities join the economic mainstream, has joined a initiative with Starbucks to create and sustain American jobs. Create Jobs for USA sold $5 wristbands at nearly 7,000 company-owned stores beginning last November, and between sales of wristbands, and corporate and private donations, as of today, the venture has raised $15 million for the fund and created or retained 5,000 American jobs. This election day, Starbucks will give out these $5 wristbands free to all customers.
- Marinello Schools of Beauty – a national brand of beauty schools with 62 locations nationwide – is offering complimentary haircuts November 5-9, 2012 to guests who show an “I Voted” sticker and make an additional in-store service or retail purchase. For a list of Marinello Schools of Beauty campus locations, hours of operation or additional information call 800-648-3413 or visit www.marinello.com.
- On Election Day, Chicago-based Bar 1 is offering all Bud products for 99 cents at all of its Windy City locales, including: Duffy’s Tavern & Grille, Durkin’s Tavern, Maeve, McGee’s Tavern & Grille, Redmond’s Ale House and The Wrightwood Tap. In true democratic fashion, Bar 1 will be holding its own mock election for the next president. Each participating bar will have polling places where citizens can informally make their vote for the next president. Winners of the faux-election will be announced and each voting participant will be entered in a raffle for a chance to win a brand new 50-inch TV! For more information please visit or call 773-868-8073.
D.C. Area Specific: Lululemon – Free yoga classes on November 6 throughout Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia. Check out Lululemon’s blog for more information.
D.C. Area Specific: Z-Burger – Wear your “I Voted” sticker to the Z-Burger locations in Tenleytown, Southwest and 14th Street on November 6 to get a free burger or cheeseburger.
- At 7-Eleven, you can vote for your presidential candidate with your choice of coffee cup. You can check the results by state or nationwide online.
- If you follow me on Twitter, you know I’m a fan of the car service, Uber. Uber is teaming up with Rock the Vote to offer all voters in America who’ve never tried Uber, a “Freedom Ride” to their polling place on Election Day. The discount will be available during voting hours for each city on November 6th. Simply enter the promo code VOTEUBER during sign-up, select the Black car option in Uber’s iPhone or Android app (or via m.uber.com) and your car will arrive in minutes. For more info, check out the Uber blog.
- Pottery Barn Kids is offering an Election Day Story Time on Tuesday, November 6, at 11:00 a.m. Kids will discuss elections and get a voting sticker. For store locations near you, check the web site.
- Boston Market is hosting their own election “Bowl Poll” where you can opt for left wing or right wing, chicken or turkey. Stop by their site and vote!
Lots of fun on Social Media, too: